Monday, April 27, 2009

Holding Faith for the first time!

Holding Faith for the first time was soooooo wonderful! I think I held her for 2 hours, I didn't want to put her down! She stayed very relaxed and her oxygen levels were very good! Faith took a good nap in my arms. I knew I loved her very much but my heart was so overwhelmed with JOY! Yes there were a few tears..but tears of joy!
She has a little bit of jaundice, so here she is working on her tan with her daddy! I think this is the ONLY time he will allow her to lay topless! LOL

Aaron got to do the first parent diaper change! Yes, he changes diapers and doesn't complain!
I think he's a GREAT daddy!

We are cautiously optimistic, she is making little baby steps everyday but she has a lot more to make. The Dr's are pleased with her progress and say she really isn't following the book
of CDH babies...thanks to our Lord and all your prayers:)
We can't believe she is a week old...the shortest and longest week! WOW!

Thanks for all your prayers, we can sure feel them! Please also keep the rest of us in your prayers too.. Elizabeth is battling a cold, the kids are back at school and Aaron went home to try to get some work done so he could come back this weekend! So I miss them all:( But we are taking in "One day at a time!"

Thanks again for all your prayers, xoxo to all of you!
€€

15 comments:

Deene Souza said...

Ah Tina! I'm so happy!!!!!! We all can't wait to hold Faith! XOXOXO

Verla said...

Tina,

The love you hold for your little girl is written all over you face. Such a precious photo. We continue to pray for Faith, and for other little ones, as well, during this time fo temporary separation. God is so good! Love, Aunt Verla

Anonymous said...

That picture is worth a thousand words - so precious!

Love

Jeannie

:corinne: said...

Hi there, my name is Corinne Stevens. My hubby is Chris Stevens and teaches over at Ontario Christian. He told me about your sweet lil girl and I've been following your blog. Just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you, baby Faith and your family. Huggs.

Sherry Highstreet said...

Tina so happy for you, you finally got to hold Faith! How wonderful that must have been:) Praying she continues to do well. Miss ya
p.s. Nice shades Aaron!LOL
~Sherry~

Anonymous said...

We will continue to hold Faith in our prayers. Keep those outside germies away too!! Very critical. From the outside Faith looks perfect, but we will pray for her insides to look as perfect as her outside! Lots of love, Yetta. -it's been 3 years since Simon's ordeal, but boy, seeing your pictures reminds me of the journey.

Keli Jongsma said...

How very exciting being able to hold Faith. I am so happy for you. We are still praying for her and will continue to do so. Can't wait for you guys to come home. Love, the Jongsma's

Carissa said...

I hardly ever cry...I really mean it....hardly ever. But when I saw the video of Faith opening her eyes and the picture of Tina finally holding her little baby, a tear came to my eye! I am so overwhelmed by what God is doing in so many people right now!
All praise and glory to God!

Debbie said...

God is so good! We'll keep praying for all of you. We've learned that it's during the hard times that we most feel God's presence because He walks so closely alongside us then. Take care!

Love ya.......the Leiningers

JStout said...

Thank you for sharing so much of Faith's progress and your feelings with all of us. It is wonderful to see her and all of you. We miss you guys! Love and prayers, Merrianne, Jeff, Tyler & Dylan Stout

Brooke said...

What a miracle! That picture, and thinking about you holding little Faith for the first time made me tear up. We are so happy for you guys! Praise the Lord! Have they weighed her yet?

Carolyn De Groot said...

So happy you could finally cuddle yur precious little one! That will be another special memory to share with her some day.

Aunt Donna said...

So happy that you are both able to touch and hold Faith and that she is doing better than expected! PTL
I love being able to go to the site to see what's happening and the pictures are really great. Wish we could be there to visit! Love, U Bill & A Donna
"But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children." Ps.103:17

Anonymous said...

Wow! What amazing progress she has made in a week. God IS good! The power of prayer is amazing and you being by her side also will attribute to her amazing progress. I am so glad that you got to hold her. Look forward to seeing her progress on a daily basis. Praying for healing, strength, and peace for all of you. Love, Aunt Helene

Anonymous said...

Tina, seeing you hold Faith is such an adorable picture. To have finally held her must of been amazing. Gods blessing fall on all of you. Alicia